Let Negative Thoughts Pass this Monday
Focus on the bright side this Monday to ease your stress and develop your inner calm. If stress has been causing you to have negative thoughts, try this mindfulness tip to redirect your focus and think positively.
Adopting an optimistic point of view can help you feel better about daily life and reduce stress. A study from the Concordia University Department of Psychology found that levels of cortisol – also known as the stress hormone – were lower in people who had a more positive outlook.
Implementing positivity is a key aspect to a successful mindfulness practice. If you feel like you’re going through a stressful time, replace the thoughts that trigger stress with a more positive spin.
To get started, try the following steps to nurture a positive state of mind:
- Take a few deep cleansing breaths.
- Think about or experience the present.
- Identify any worries or negative thoughts.
- Flip the worry or negativity to something light and positive that brings you joy. It’s ok if it feels like an exercise.
- Conclude by recognizing and appreciating your many positive qualities.
It’s healthy to have and acknowledge negative thoughts. Now you have a mindfulness exercise to shift thoughts from negative to positive, which will naturally allow the negative thoughts and related stress to dissolve more quickly.
Spend this Monday developing your positivity by practicing it at intervals throughout the day and the week. It will do your mind a lot of good!