K-12 Partner Resources
Going Meatless Monday is an easy and delicious way to teach kids about the connection between the food we eat and the health of the planet.
Below are helpful resources from partner organizations for K-12 teachers and administrators that connect Meatless Monday offerings in the cafeteria to food education in the classroom (including virtual). These educational materials will help students learn about the benefits of eating less meat and dairy and eating more fruits and vegetables.
- Coalition for Healthy School Food: Live interactive classes
- Tisch/PBS: In Defense of Food curriculum (Mostly Plants section)
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: Food for Life classes
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: Nutrition Activities for Kids
- University of Rhode Island: Fruit and Vegetables Matching Posters Lesson Plan
- FoodSpan: Lesson 2, 5, 6, Lesson 12
- American Institute for Cancer Research: Taste a Rainbow of Colors with Fruits and Veggies
- Drexel: Fruits & Vegetables Lesson Plan (Special needs students)
- Super Healthy Kids: Nutrition Lesson
- Factory Farming Awareness Coalition: Virtual Presentations
- Chef Ann Foundation: Educational marketing materials
- Lean & Green Kids: Education Programs & Resources
- Vegan Videos for Kids
- Why Are You A Vegan? – Violet Plum
- Vegan Is Love – Ruby Roth
- Edmunds Lunch – Violet Plum
- N Is For Nutrition – Todd Skene
- Help Yourself (kids cookbook) – Ruby Roth
- Veggie Vero Series – Veronica Green
- Herb, the Vegetarian Dragon – Jules Bass
Going Meatless Monday is an easy and delicious way to help the planet and support student, staff, and faculty health and wellness programs.
Below are helpful resources from partner organizations for K-12 foodservice teams, including bulk recipes, operational guides, and plant-based nutrition/meals approved for K-12 schools.
- Forward Food: Plant-based K-12 Product List, For self-operated institutions, For food service management companies
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: Vegan Options for School Lunch Programs, Swaps for Processed Meat
- Coalition for Healthy School Food: School Food Service in the Age of COVID-19…and Beyond