WE ARE BASED IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK IN THE UNITED STATES. OUR WEBSITE IS DESIGNED AND OFFERED FOR USE BY PERSONS LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR ANY OF ITS TERRITORIES OR POSSESSIONS AND WE MAKE NO CLAIMS THAT OUR WEBSITE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT IS ACCESSIBLE OR APPROPRIATE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU ACCESS OUR WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, YOU DO SO ON YOUR OWN INITIATIVE AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAWS.
We respect your concerns about privacy. When you use our Website, we collect information to provide you with a better experience, analyze trends, and communicate with you. Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding the type of information that is collected, how it is collected, how we may use that information, and with whom we may share it. This policy applies to information we collect on our Website and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
It does NOT apply to:
- Information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- information collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website.
You may use our Website without offering any personal data. We occasionally run reports to track website traffic, but this information cannot be traced back to individuals. It is collected in order to analyze visitor volume and page popularity as well as to optimize search capabilities. This information helps us offer the most comprehensive and effective website possible.
We are committed to ensuring that any personal data you do provide on our website is kept secure and private. Personal data can be obtained, e.g., when it is voluntarily entered by a user to pledge his or her support or register for email updates. We will not trade or disclose this data to third parties, nor will we ever sell or give email lists to any other organization or group. (See the section below entitled “Disclosure of Your Information.”) You may unsubscribe from any services we offer at any time.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is designed for a general audience and is not specifically intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information on our Website or through any of its features, use any interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or screen name or user name. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email@example.com].
Please visit www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/protecting-kids-online for information from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) about protecting children’s privacy online.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, usage details, access times, browser type and language, and referring website addresses. We may also collect information about the type of device you use, your device’s unique ID, and information about the location of your device. This information does not identify individual users and we do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
We collect this information:
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website and interact with the content. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (e.g., we may collect your name, email address and other information you provide us if you wish to subscribe to newsletter(s) and/or receive press releases or other information from us).
At certain times, we may also ask you to volunteer demographic information to better tailor our communications to you, though all requests are optional. You may unsubscribe from any of our offerings or communications at any time by following the instructions found in the newsletter, communication or on our website. You may also use our Website without offering any personal data.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns as you navigate through and interact with our Website, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Clear Gifs, Web Beacons, Web Bugs.We may collect information using web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). Web beacons or gifs deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and gauge campaign effectiveness and tell us if an HTML-based email has been opened and/or acted upon by the recipient. Some email services may allow you to adjust your display to turn off HTML or images which disable this tracking feature, or you may unsubscribe from our emails or communications at any time.
- Log Files.As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information. We use a third-party tracking service that uses log files to track non-personally identifiable information about visitors to our site in the aggregate.
How We Use Information
We use information that we collect or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and content to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe at the time you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our organization’s assets in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the property transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For example, if you give us an email address to use an “email a friend” feature on our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipient(s).
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Additionally, we may disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our organization, our users, or others.
Links To Other Sites