DeStress Monday at School
For Teachers/For the Classroom
Try this practice on your own and then teach it to your students with the help of the instructive video below.
What is a warrior? A warrior is a person of strength, focus, and determination. The warrior pose helps build strength, focus, and determination in each of us.
The a brief video above demonstrates how to do the warrior pose. Make sure to stand in an area where you have enough space to stretch out your arms.
Here are some written instructions for how to do the warrior pose:
- Start with your feet firmly on the ground. Take a deep breath. Bend your elbows, and put your hands on your waist.
- Step your right foot about 2.5 – 3 feet in front of you with your right knee bent. You can put your back foot on a slight angle.
- Inhale and as you exhale raise your arms up out to your sides. Gather up all your strength and determination. Then continue to lift your fingertips up to the sky. Open your heart and take a few deep breaths.
- Bring your right arm in front of you, our over your bent right leg, and your left arm behind you, parallel to the floor. Stretch your arms out with strength. Look out over your right middle finger. Gather your focus, and take three breaths. Feel the strength of a warrior.
- Rise your fingertips up to the sky again, big breath in then exhale and bring your hands back to your waist, and step back into a strong standing pose. Take a breath.
- Repeat the process, this time stepping your left foot forward.
See the full DeStress Monday at School Curriculum