Eat for Climate Week NYC is a free Climate Week NYC program that seeks to raise awareness about the climate benefits of plant-based meals, as well as highlight the deliciousness of plant-based foods.
It’s easy (and free) to join: Simply promote climate-friendly plant-based meals during Eat for Climate Week. Start the week off with Meatless Monday on September 20th and continue to promote your climate-friendly options all week long…and beyond.
All participating restaurants and companies will be promoted on the Climate Week website and through social media, newsletters, and media outreach to thousands of Meatless Monday and Climate Group followers.
Sign-Up to be an Eat for Climate Week NYC Partner
As an Eat for Climate Week partner, you’ll receive a follow-up email with program details, marketing and communication materials and social media, and environmental facts.
Benefits to Your Restaurant or Company:
Consumer interest in plant-based foods is at an all-time high. Many businesses that offer plant-based options, especially meatless proteins, attract new customers and increase sales while also displaying a leadership role in climate action. Participating partners will receive:
- Listing and feature on the main Climate Week NYC website.
- Digital promotion via the Climate Group’s platform leading up to Climate Week NYC on their social media and website.
- Opportunity for promotion on the Meatless Monday and Climate Group social media accounts.
- Feature on Meatless Mondays’ website and newsletter, which goes to thousands of subscribers.
- Inclusion in official press releases issued from the Climate Group, Meatless Monday, and other media outlets.
Plant-based food trends are booming in 2021
According to Grubhub’s 2021 Food Report, diners continue to order plant-based meals, rising by 17% YoY.
- Plant-based burger orders increased by 28% 🍔
- General vegetarian orders increased by 55% 🥗
- NYC was the #2 city for plant-based orders (after LA) 🗽
Get more information on the environmental benefits of plant-based meals from Meatless Monday and their partners at Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future.
- Climate-friendly proteins
- Sustainable plant-based ingredients
- Reasons to eat more plant-based foods
- Meatless Monday for restaurants and corporations