K-12 Climate-Friendly Meals for Meatless Monday…and Beyond
Meatless Monday, Friends of the Earth, and Forward Food have partnered to create simple-to-use materials to help schools and foodservice teams promote and increase the number of climate-friendly meals served. Plant-based meals support student health, wellbeing, and a more sustainable future.
- Millions of K-12 students participate in Meatless Monday and plant-based meal programs at schools across the U.S every week.
- Student interest and demand for plant-based and climate-friendly meals has never been higher.
Climate-friendly Food Resources in This Guide:
- RECIPES: K-12 approved and kid tested plant-based recipes from Forward Food. All recipes meet the USDA guidelines for K-12 and childcare programs.
- MARKETING: Ready-to-use marketing and social media materials to support your plant-based meal service.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Environmental information about plant-based meals.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Sample newsletters and promotional campaign materials.
Additional climate-friendly meal marketing materials and communications:
Foodservice & School Resources:
- Plant-based Product and Vendor Directory
- Environmental facts
- Climate-Friendly School Food Resources
- Kids Nutrition FAQ
- Plant-based Trends in California Schools – Friends of the Earth Report
- Sample social, newsletter, and email content