These Adzuki Bean & Bulgur Wheat Balls are simple to make and are packed with flavor and protein. Enjoy them on their own, with a salad or your favorite bowl or dish.
This recipe comes to us from Susanne Kirlew aka “Kirly-Sue” of Kirly-Sue’s Kitchen. Susanne is a member of The Meatless Monday Culinary Advisory Council.
For more recipes with bulgur wheat, click here.
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the adzuki beans in boiling water for 40 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse. Let cool.
3. Cook the bulgur wheat in the vegetable stock for 10 minutes until the stock is absorbed. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a skillet to fry onion, garlic, and spices for 4-5 minutes.
5. In a bowl, mix onion, beans, coriander, curry powder, and egg replacer and mash with a potato masher. Add the breadcrumbs and bulgur wheat and stir well.
6. Cover and chill for 1 hour, until firm.
7. With wet hands mold the mixture into 30 ball shapes.
8. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes. Enjoy!
Thanks for your message. We'll be in touch soon!