This vegan recipe is a twist on a classic dish using vibrant beetroot (beet), which makes this dish as pleasing to the eye as it is to the taste buds. Quick and easy to prepare, this plant-based version is so delicious, you won’t miss the dairy. Serve this as a main dish, or as a side to add a pop of color to your table.
This recipe comes to us from Phil Ayres of @beardedveganchef.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For more recipes with beets, click here.
- 1 cup (250ml) soy milk
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp. corn flour
- Handful grated vegan cheese
- 1 medium diced cooked beetroot (beet)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 3/4 cup (360g) cooked macaroni
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil with a dash of olive oil in it. Once boiling, add dry pasta and cover with lid and boil for 2 mins. Then take off the heat and leave the lid on for 10 mins. Drain and set aside.
2. Gently heat up the soy milk, seasonings, nutritional yeast & mustard. On the side, mix the corn flour with some water to form a paste then whisk into milk, continuing until it gets thick.
3. Remove from heat and add in cheese and beets and then blend using an immersion blender. (If you do not have an immersion blender, add to a regular blender, blend and then return to pot). Add dill, mix in your cooked pasta and serve.