For a quick, tasty snack or small meal, try these quesadillas with black beans. Beans are high in fiber, very low in fat and packed with protein. Simply mix black beans with salsa, chopped herbs and cheese or dairy free cheese and cook. The result is delicious and sure to please the whole family!
This recipe comes to us from Goya.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For more recipes with black beans, click here.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup Goya Pico de Gallo salsa (or similar)
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Goya black beans, drained and rinsed (or similar)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese or shredded vegan cheese of choice
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 10″ Goya flour tortillas burritos (or similar)
- 1 tsp. Goya extra virgin olive oil (or similar)
- Goya salsita chipotle chile, optional (or similar)
1. Using small-hole strainer, drain liquid from Pico de Gallo Salsa; discard liquid. Transfer remaining tomato mixture to medium bowl. Mix in black beans, cheese and cilantro until combined.
2. Divide black bean mixture evenly over half of each tortilla (about ½ cup each). Fold tortillas in half.
3. Heat large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with oil. Place filled tortillas on griddle. Cook, carefully flipping once, until tortillas are golden brown and crisp and cheese filling melts, about 5 minutes.
4. Cut quesadillas into wedges. Serve with your favorite salsa, if desired.