This creamy, plant-based breakfast porridge helps you incorporate veggies into your breakfast oats. Packed with plant-based protein, this quick and easy breakfast can be topped with your choice of fruit, nut butter or any other topping you’d like.
This recipe comes to us from Sara Bond of Snack with Sara, @snackwithsara.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1.5 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp sweetener of choice (Maple syrup or monkfruit are good options!)
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4-1 cup non-dairy milk
- Strawberries, nut butter, and other toppings of choice
1) Add all of the ingredients (minus the toppings) to microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir carefully and microwave for an additional 1.5 minutes. Set aside to thicken as you prepare your toppings.
(** To cook on the stove top, add all of the ingredients to saucepan on medium heat and stir constantly until the cauliflower is cooked through and desired creaminess is reached.)
2) Top with fresh strawberries, nut butter of choice, and other things that make your heart sing. Some great options: blueberries, tahini, non-dairy yogurt, and crunchy cereal pieces.