Here is a classic peanut butter granola – nutty, crunchy, lightly sweet. This makes a great breakfast or snack – have it with your favorite plant-based milk or atop coconut yogurt! Keep it simple with these 5 ingredients, or switch it up with nuts and seeds, warming spices, and different oils and nut butters.
This recipe comes to us from Alexandra Shytsman of The New Baguette.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For more recipes with peanut butter, click here.
Cook time: 35 minutes
- ¼ cup melted unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup well-stirred natural peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, peanut butter, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Add the oats and stir with a rubber spatula until they’re evenly coated.
3. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet (do not stir), and continue baking until the granola is fragrant and golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
4. Remove from the oven and cool completely (don’t stir yet) – the granola will become crunchy and form clusters as it cools. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several weeks.