These Coconut Curry Noodles incorporate lots of veggies – spring onions, broccoli, bell peppers, mushroom and carrots in a creamy coconut milk sauce with a curry spice blend. The amount of vegetables as well as ingredients for the sauce can be adjusted to your taste. Pan-fried tofu adds extra plant-based protein.
You can use any noodle of your choice, and if you prefer a less creamy sauce, you can reduce the amount of coconut milk. Try this vegan recipe for lunch, dinner or any time.
This recipe comes to us from Deepthi Pisupati of @delisheats.by.d.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For more recipes with coconut milk, click here.
- Noodles of choice cooked according to the instructions on the back ( spaghetti worked very well)
- Spring onions whites (save the greens for garnishing )
- Bell peppers, julienned
- Carrot, grated into ribbons
- Broccoli florets
- Mushrooms, chopped
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Coconut milk
- Curry spice blend (1/2 tbsp. each of garam masala, coriander powder, chili powder and 1/2 tsp. turmeric)
- Soy sauce
- Chili oil, sriracha or spicy sauce of choice
- Honey, or liquid sweetener of choice
- Tofu, pan fried
- Salt, to taste
1. Add oil to a very hot pan and add the garlic and spring onion whites. Add the spice blend and sauté.
2. Add all veggies and cook on high heat till tender but not mushy.
3. Add the sauces and vinegar and toss till the veggies are all well coated.
4. Add the cooked noodles and a splash of coconut milk. Add salt to taste. Add some honey or liquid sweetener and mix well
5. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve with tofu on the side.