In this affordable dinner recipe, avocado and Asian seasonings provide a refreshing twist to produce staples like carrots, cabbage and Brussels sprouts.
This recipe comes to us from the Natural Gourmet Center.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 10 ounces dry soba noodles
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly shaved
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stemmed
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, water, sesame oil, shoyu, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Cook soba noodles according to the package directions until al dente, then immediately plunge them into a bowl of ice water to chill. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts, carrots, avocado and cabbage with half of dressing. Add cold noodles and remaining dressing and toss salad together.
Serve salad garnished with cilantro and sesame seeds.