This recipe for Cowboy Caviar With Italian Dressing is super easy, and crazy delicious even for non-vegans. It starts with a fun and zesty, shake-able Italian dressing which is then poured over and mixed into the vegan Texas caviar salad. Cherry tomatoes, avocados and corn make it a colorful plate. A healthy lunch, side dish, or appetizer in just 15 minutes flat!
This recipe comes to us from Mihaela Metaxa Albu of Blondelish.
For a video showing how to make this recipe, click here.
For more recipes with cherry tomatoes, click here.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Prep time: 15 minutes
For the Italian Dressing:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil – extra virgin
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried crushed red pepper or chili flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Cowboy Caviar:
- 1 orange or green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cups (300g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 can (15 oz./425g) corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz./425g) black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped