Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 lb. (1kg) large head cauliflower – broken into florets
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 large sweet onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
2 tsp. turmeric powder
1 Tbsp. curry blend
1 piece of ginger, 2inch (5cm) long, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste or harissa paste
3 cups low sodium veggie broth
1 can (14oz/414g) coconut milk
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
1 red chili, sliced to garnish
Lime slices, to garnish
1. Melt coconut oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add in garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, curry, and harissa/curry paste, then cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
2. Add in the cauliflower and broth, and bring to a simmer.
3. Cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
4. Stir in the coconut milk, then remove from heat. Using a hand blender, process until it reaches a thick creamy consistency.
Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
5. Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle chili, fresh chopped cilantro and garnish with a few slices of lime. This soup is best served hot.