These savory meatballs are made with roasted eggplant and mushroom. This easy dish is the ultimate nourishing and delicious comfort food.
Making these vegan meatballs is very easy and requires only a few steps, and they are very versatile. They can easily be topped with a delicious BBQ sauce or placed on top of a bed of homemade marinara sauce and noodles. You can also enjoy these meatballs with hummus and baba ganoush with pita to enjoy this meal Mediterranean style!
This recipe comes to us from Capri Lilly of Good Food Baddie.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 1 can white beans (like Great Northern Beans)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Slice the eggplant, mushroom, and onion. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, until eggplant is slightly golden.
2. After the vegetables are roasted, add them to the food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Blend the ingredients for 30 seconds at a time, making sure to scrape the sides so all the ingredients are evenly combined. Blend until you achieve a thick, uniform texture with no large chunks.
3. Scoop out a tablespoon or so of the mixture and using your hand, roll into a bite sized meatball. This recipe makes about 16-20 meatballs depending on the size.
3. Place the meatballs on the same baking pan, and roast for 30 minutes, gently flipping halfway through. They should develop a golden-brown crust on the outside.
- Store any leftover meatballs in an airtight container for up to three days. These meatballs freeze well and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, simply let them thaw and then warm on the stove.