Easy Veggie Burger Recipe
Veggie burgers can be made with a variety of ingredients including all different types of beans, sweet potatoes, quinoa, mushrooms and cauliflower. This recipe for Easy Veggie Burgers features roasted cauliflower and almonds and is held together by flax seed and water and makes a perfect meal for lunch or dinner.
This recipe comes to us from Mihaela Metaxa Albu of Blondelish.
For a video showing how to make this recipe, click here.
For more recipes with cauliflower, click here.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 1 small cauliflower head – (about 5 cups florets)
- 4 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin seed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (165g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- ¼ cup (15g) parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup (110g) ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 4 Tbsp. water
- Red onion
- Roasted red pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F/180˚C and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Cut the cauliflower into florets, and place them into the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with spices, salt & pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Mix with your hands to get everything nicely coated. Roast for 20-25 minutes, then let it cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix ground flax and water and stir until thoroughly combined.
4. Place the roasted cauliflower into a food processor together with chickpeas, garlic, parsley, ground almonds and flax mixture. Pulse until well combined and sticky. You might need to stop and scrape the sides of the food processor a couple of times. Be careful not to overdo the mixture; we don’t want it too mushy, a little texture is great.
5. Take about 1/3 cup of mixture and, using your hands, form a burger patty. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
6. Heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof pan or skillet over medium heat. Cook the burgers for about 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides, then place them in the preheated oven and bake for an additional 15-17 min.
7. Spread mashed avocado on the lower bun, add the patty, then your favorite toppings and set the top bun.