This is a delicious, convenient, and nutritious snack. Chickpeas are full of plant-based protein and rich in fiber. Canned chickpeas are inexpensive and stay good for a long time. This quick vegan snack is perfect for kids or adults and can be eaten on its own, or added as a topping to a salad or bowl.
This recipe comes to us from Aymara Lucero of @concernedcook.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For more recipes with chickpeas, click here.
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
1. Drain and rise chickpeas with water. Dry them with a paper towel or let them air dry.
2. In a bowl, season chickpeas with garlic powder, salt, and everything bagel seasoning until all chickpeas are seasoned.
3. Oil a baking sheet with the extra virgin olive oil and spread chickpeas apart on the baking sheet; make sure they’re not crowding each other. Roast chickpeas in the oven on high broil for 10 minutes.
4. Take chickpeas out of the oven and toss so they cook evenly.
5. Put them back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Take them out of the oven when they’re lightly brown and crunchy.
6. Eat once they cool. Store them in a sealed bag or jar. They will stay fresh for 1-2 days.