These pancakes will rival those of a restaurant and are are light, fluffy and super easy to customize by topping them with your favorite fruits or nuts. Making fluffy vegan pancakes is a lot easier than you might think. All it takes is the right combination of ingredients and you’re well on your way. The key to getting fluffy pancakes is to let the batter rest. It’s important to let the batter rest for about 6 minutes so that the batter can form properly. Once the batter has rested, you’ll notice that it becomes very light any airy. This is how you know that fluffy vegan pancakes are on the way!
1cupunsweetened almond milk + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2tbspmelted vegan butter
fresh fruit topping of choice(optional)
maple syrup for serving(optional)
1. Measure out 1 cup of almond milk and add 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar. This is your vegan buttermilk. Set aside. Once combined, you’ll notice that the buttermilk mixture will start to separate at the bottom. This is completely normal!
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
3. Add the melted butter and almond milk mixture to the bowl and whisk to combine. Batter should be mostly smooth.
4. Let the batter rest for 6-7 minutes- this is important! Don’t skip this step!
5. After about 3 minutes, heat a non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat.
6. Once the batter has rested, it should appear airy and fluffy when stirred.
7. Now that the batter is ready, prepare to make the pancakes. Add a dollop of vegan butter to the pan to line the bottom.
8. Use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop out the mix and transfer it to the pan.
9. Once the pancake begins to bubble, flip the pancake over and allow cooking until lightly browned (1-2 minutes).
10. Repeat until all batter has been cooked, applying a dollop of vegan butter at the start of cooking each pancake to ensure crispy edges.
11. Top with fresh fruit (optional) and your favorite maple syrup. Enjoy!