This refreshing salad is simple, flavorful, filling and the perfect introduction to quinoa. The nutritious super grain is elevated with fresh flavors of lemon, mint, garlic and green onion, with a handful of almonds thrown in for an additional protein boost.
This recipe comes to us from Marti of Tofu n’ Sproutz!
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup quinoa*, rinsed & cooked to package directions
- 3 green onions, sliced with tough ends removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed in a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Salt and lemon-pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
*Feel free to substitute brown rice if you can’t find quinoa.
After quinoa has finished cooking, remove from heat and cool on a cookie sheet.
Place the cooked and cooled quinoa, green onions, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Stir until combined. Season with mint, salt and lemon-pepper. Mix well.
Top the salad with the chopped almonds. Serve chilled or at room temperature.