This delicious Detox Soup is packed with veggies, like broccoli, zucchini and bell peppers, and plant-based protein from cannellini beans and chickpeas. The nutritional yeast adds extra nutrients and cheesy flavor. Creamy, filling and nutritious, this recipe is perfect any time you want a vegan recipe for delicious soup.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For more recipes with cannellini beans, click here.
2 cans of cooked cannellini beans, drained
1 can of cooked chickpeas, drained
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 carrot, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 cup of pumpkin, chopped
1 cup of cabbage chopped
2 cups of fresh spinach (1/4 cup if frozen)
1 cup of broccoli, frozen or fresh
Salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons of vegetable bouillon
1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano or thyme
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1/2 cup of Romano beans (flat green beans)
1. On medium heat, sauté the onions in water, until translucent.
2. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add the carrots and red bell peppers, a bit more water, sauté for 3 minutes. Add the water, the salt and pepper, the veggie bouillon, and the remainder of the vegetables except for: the broccoli, fresh spinach, the Romano beans, and the cannellini beans. Let it cook until almost tender. Do not overcook them, as they will keep cooking along with the remainder of the vegetables.
4. Take about two ladles of the vegetable soup broth and blend it with the cannellini beans until smooth. Add the blended broth and beans back in the pot.
5. Add the Romano beans, the broccoli, and the fresh spinach. Let it cook for 3 minutes. Add the lemon and the nutritional yeast. Turn off the heat.