This recipe is a nutrient dense stir fry featuring fresh okra, flavorful cherry tomatoes and red onions. Serve with steamed white quinoa and top with avocado for simple, delicious healthy meal. This recipe comes to us from Nancy Odogwu of Nancy’s Fit Soul Kitchen.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
2 cups (250g) fresh okra
1 red onion
3/4 cup (150g) cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp rock salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 tbsp of olive oil
1. Add olive oil to a heated pan, slice the onions and begin to sweat down in the pan.
2. Wash the okra and cut (slice down the middle splitting it in 2) and add to the pan.
3. Add the all the seasonings, 1/4 cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes to cook the okra.
4. Lastly add the cherry tomatoes and give it all a gentle stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve with quiona, black rice or bulgur wheat with a side of avocado.