This recipe is a delicious weeknight meal option for the entire family. Packed with bold, savory flavors, this recipe is the perfect vegan and dairy-free option that is made with creamy from cashews, and filled with a nice velvety texture from the kale and tomatoes. Your entire family is sure to love this meatless option! Super easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes.
This recipe comes to us from Shanika of Orchids + Sweet Tea.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 package penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups kale, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cooking white wine
Vegan Tuscan Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2-3 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of smoked paprika
1. To begin, cook pasta according to instructions on package (adding 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to water).
2. In the meantime, add the cashews, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice to a blender and blend on medium-high speed until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
3. Next, add in seasonings and blend again for a few seconds until combined.
4. Once pasta has fully cooked, drain and set aside.
5. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and wait until heated. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant and translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Now, add the kale and season with sea salt + black pepper to taste. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened and wilted.
7. Add in tomatoes and continue to gently stir. Add the wine, reduce the heat, and simmer a bit more, about 3-4 minutes.
8. Now, add the cashew sauce from the blender and stir until fully incorporated. Lastly, add in the cooked pasta and fold everything together until is is all coated and creamy.
9. Remove from heat, sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast (if desired), and serve immediately!
10. Enjoy with your favorite bread, salad, or cooked veggie.