This beautiful, flavorful pistachio hummus puts a creative spin on classic hummus. It’s the perfect plant-powered dip or spread for sandwiches, veggies, and pita bread, or as a side with salads, grain dishes, or savory entrees. In fact, you can eat it with any meal or snack for heart health benefits, thanks to those healthy fats from olive oil, tahini and pistachios, as well as fiber and other antioxidant nutrients.
This recipe comes to us from Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN, The Plant-Powered Dietitian.
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, reserve liquid from can
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
1. Add garbanzo beans, garlic, parsley, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, and pistachios into food processor.
2. Puree mixture and add just enough liquid from garbanzo beans until hummus reaches desired consistency.
3. Serve with fresh veggies and pita bread cut into wedges.