This pasta salad is full of flavor thanks to the fresh pesto and bursting grilled grape tomatoes. It’s easy to make, perfect for a picnic or potluck, and it’s fit for nearly everyone’s palate. Enjoy!
This recipe comes to us from Jackie Newgent, RDN.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For Fresh Vegan Basil Pesto:
To make pasta salad:
1. Preheat a grill or grill-pan. Insert grape tomatoes onto skewers. Brush with the olive oil. Grill over direct medium-high heat until rich grill marks form, about 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, boil pasta per package directions (ideally in salted water), about 10 minutes. Drain, toss with ice cubes to cool, then drain again.
3. Toss the cooled pasta with the pesto. Then toss with the arugula, grilled grape tomatoes, sea salt, and pine nuts. Adjust seasoning.
4. Serve with the lemon wedges.
To make Fresh Vegan Basil Pesto:
1. In a food processor, pulse all ingredients except olive oil until finely chopped.
2. Then drizzle in olive oil and puree until desired consistency. Makes 1 cup. Freeze extra pesto for later use.
Thanks for your message. We'll be in touch soon!