Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
1 1/2 cups (255g) quinoa, rinsed well
1 lemon, juiced
2 Tbsp. olive oil, extra-virgin
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large English cucumber or 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch (1cm) pieces
1 pint (2 cups / 300g) cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 cup (60g) chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/3 cup (60g) pomegranate seeds (from 1 medium pomegranate)
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Place a saucepan with 2 1/4 cups of water over high heat. Bring it to the boil, then add in quinoa and 1 tsp sea salt.
2. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the quinoa gets tender, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 5 minutes, then fluff it with a fork and chill for 15 min.
3. Meanwhile, prep all the veggies.
4. Assemble the salad in a large bowl by adding in all the ingredients as follows: cooked quinoa, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, pomegranate seeds, parsley and green onions.
5. Season to your taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and add lemon juice; toss to coat.