This recipe for Smoky Grits and Greens makes a perfect quick and easy breakfast, lunch or snack. Try it topped with your favorite sautéed veggies for a delicious meal everyone will enjoy.
This recipe comes to us from Chef Jumoke Jackson.
For more recipes with spinach, click here.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup unflavored oat milk
- 1 cup slow cooked grits
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- Tastic spice, to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch greens (kale, spinach or chard) chopped
1. Put the broth and oat milk in a medium saucepan, cover, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Uncover and slowly add the grits, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the grits have thickened and cooked through. Add the smoked paprika, brown sugar, and vegan butter. Season with Tastic spice.
2. Meanwhile, make the greens: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When it shimmers, add the garlic and greens and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the greens have wilted. Season with Tastic spice.
3. Spoon the grits into bowls. Top with greens and serve.