This easy, delicious, spicy, creamy and highly addictive jalapeño dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at gatherings. The hardest part of this recipe is not eating it all by yourself!
This recipe comes to us from Norma of the Meatless Monday community in Honduras.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ½ cup raw (unsalted) cashews, soaked overnight, then drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup water (or more as necessary)
Add soaked (and drained) cashews, lemon juice, jalapeños, garlic, nutritional yeast, sea salt, pepper and water to a food processor.
Puree, scraping down the sides as necessary, until the cashew cheese is a smooth, creamy consistency.
Pour mixture into a microwave safe serving dish, and microwave on High until hot, about 3 minutes.
Serve with sliced sourdough baguettes, tortilla, pita or bagel chips.
Tip: Be careful when cutting hot peppers; avoid touching your face- eyes.