This okra, stuffed with a tangy, peanut filling, is a delicious vegan recipe that makes a perfect side or snack, or can be served as a main course.
This recipe comes to us from Deepthi Pisupati of @delisheats.by.d.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For more recipes with okra, click here.
1. Toast the peanuts, sesame seeds and cumin seeds. Blend these together until you have a coarse mixture.
2. Add the red chili powder, coriander powder, mango powder, salt and ajwain (if using) to the peanut mixture.
3. Wash cut the ends off of the okra. Cut them down the middle, making sure not to cut them completely in half. Stuff the peanut and spice mixture inside each okra.
4. Pan fry the stuffed okra with 1-2 tbsp. of oil, with the lid on the pan.
5. Once the okra are cooked through, remove the lid and cook until crispy on all sides.
6. Serve on their own or with side dish of choice!
Thanks for your message. We'll be in touch soon!