This luscious three bean salad is a vegan recipe combining red kidney beans, chick peas and blackeyed peas with crunchy fresh bell pepper, cucumber and topped with fresh cilantro and a bright, lemony vinaigrette. Stick with these types of beans, or mix and match with your family’s favorites. Whichever you choose, you can be sure that this protein-packed, heart-healthy salad is just as nutritious as it is delicious!
This recipe comes to us from Goya.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For more bean recipes, click here.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 can (15.5 oz) Goya blackeye peas (or similar)
- 1 can (15.5 oz) Goya chick peas (or similar)
- 1 can (15.5 oz) Goya red kidney beans (or similar)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped (2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 tbsp. Goya red wine vinegar (or similar)
- 2 packets Goya salad and vegetable seasoning (or similar)
- 1 tbsp Goya lemon juice (or similar)
- 1/2 cup Goya extra virgin olive oil (or similar)
1. In large serving bowl, mix together blackeye peas, chick peas, kidney beans, cucumbers, peppers, and cilantro.
2. In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, salad and vegetable seasoning, and lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly, until blended. Pour dressing over bean mixture. Toss well to coat completely.