These easy Vegan Chocolate Brownies are gooey in the middle and fudgy on the sides. Everything a foodie could possibly ask from a dessert, and plant-based!
This recipe comes to us from Mihaela Metaxa Albu of Blondelish.
For a video showing how to make this recipe, click here.
For more recipes with cocoa powder, click here.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) plain flour
- 2 Tbsp. raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup (165g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut milk
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (170g) vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (110g) pecan nuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF and line a square baking tin (8x8in / 20x20cm) with parchment paper.
2. To melt the chocolate, start by filling a quarter of a small saucepan with water and bring it to the boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and place a slightly larger heatproof bowl over it, but make sure the base doesn’t touch the water. Add chocolate chips into the bowl and let them melt, stirring occasionally, then set aside.
3. Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a large bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients: sugar, coconut oil and milk, sea salt, vanilla and melted chocolate. Whisk until well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, spreading it out evenly, then sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked on the outside, but still gooey in the middle.
6. Let it cool and then slice into 9 squares. Enjoy!