These Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes make the perfect plant-based breakfast. They come together in just 15 minutes and can be topped with your choice of toppings – bananas or other fruit, maple syrup or your favorite nut butter.
This recipe comes to us from Mihaela Metaxa Albu of Blondelish.
For a video showing how to make this recipe, click here.
For more recipes with chocolate chips, click here.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
1 cup (120g) whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup (240ml) coconut milk or any non-dairy milk
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/3 cup (55g) vegan chocolate chips
Coconut oil spray
Sliced bananas, maple syrup, peanut butter
1. In a bowl, mix flour with baking powder and baking soda.
2. Add in coconut milk and butter, then whisk until well combined.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, and spray it with a bit of coconut oil. Once hot, pour in about 1/3 cupful of batter.
Cook for about 2 minutes, or until small bubbles form, then flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side, until golden brown.
5. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
6. Stack your pancakes on a plate and serve them with banana slices and maple syrup.