This vegan creamy mushroom pasta recipe is naturally plant-based, intensely comforting and takes just 20 minutes to make. It might just become your new favorite weeknight dinner!
This recipe comes to us from Mihaela Metaxa Albu of Blondelish.
For more recipes with mushrooms, click here.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
1. Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions. Once the pasta is cooked to al-dente, reserve about 2/3 cup of the water, then drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and sauté for about 4-5 minutes, until soft and lightly browned.
3. Add the garlic and smoked paprika. Stir and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Pour in the beer and stir to remove any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Simmer until most of the beer is evaporated, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in the vegan cream and pasta water, taste, and season with sea salt and pepper.
6. Simmer for a few minutes, then stir in the cooked pasta. Use tongs to coat the spaghetti fully in the sauce.
7. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and chili flakes, and serve immediately.
Thanks for your message. We'll be in touch soon!