These plant-based biscuits are packed with flavor! Spicy jalapeño, garlic and vegan cheddar combine to make these biscuits so delicious, you’ll want more than one. Top them with your favorite vegan cheese, vegan egg or vegan sausage, or enjoy them on their own!
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
2 1/4 cups Bisquick
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 diced fresh jalapeños (about 1/2 cup)
1 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds
2/3 cup plant-based milk
2 Tbsp vegan butter
1 Vegan Sausage Patty
1 Vegan Egg (Tofu or Just Egg)
1 slice vegan cheese
1 Tbsp vegan mayo
1 Tbsp hot sauce
Cayenne to taste
Splash of vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Melt the vegan butter and set aside (you’re going to brush the biscuits with it before and after we cook them).
3. Combine the dry ingredients for the biscuits, make a well in the middle, then add the plant-based milk, and mix with a fork until combined, being careful not to overmix.
4. On a floured surface, gently knead the biscuit dough, and fold it over itself 3-4 times. Gently flatten with your hand to 1/2 inch thick (or 1 inch thick for bigger biscuits).
5. Use a cookie cutter (ex: 3 1/2 inch cookie cutter) or mason jar to cut out round biscuits. Do not twist the cutter / jar as this will seal the dough and keep it from rising. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon mat. You should have about 8 biscuits.
6. Brush with the vegan butter, then bake for 8-12 minutes depending on your oven. Check the biscuits around 8 minutes, and cook until the top gets a little golden brown.
7. Once biscuits are cooked to your preference, remove from heat and brush with more butter.
If you want to make a sandwich, simply mix the ingredients for the spicy mayo and set aside, then cook up a sausage patty and vegan egg, top the biscuit with sausage, egg and spicy mayo and enjoy!