This super easy Vegan Tikka Masala With Tofu And Cauliflower recipe takes about 30 minutes total to make and it is just easy and delicious as meaty versions.
This recipe comes to us from Mihaela Metaxa Albu of Blondelish.
For a video showing how to make this recipe, click here.
For more recipes with tofu, click here.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 pack (16 Oz / 450g) extra firm tofu, drained and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 red bell pepper – cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (15oz / 435g) tomato sauce
- 2 cups (140g) button mushrooms
- 2 cups (200g) cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) diced gold potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- Sea salt and Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (135g) frozen peas
- Fresh chopped cilantro – for garnishing
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
Tikka Masala Seasoning Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. garam masala
- 1/2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes – or to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. In a small bowl, mix well all ingredients for the tikka masala seasoning.
3. Cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes, add in half of the tikka masala seasoning mixture and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Mix until evenly coated. (If time allows, refrigerate for at least 1 hour).
4. Place the marinated tofu into a baking pan, making sure you leave enough space between the pieces and bake for 15-20 minutes until it gets slightly dark brown on the edges.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a large pot over medium heat, then sauté the onions, garlic, carrots, bell peppers, until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
6. Add in the remaining spice mixture and cook for 30 seconds, just until they start to release their flavors, stirring constantly.
7. Stir in water, tomato puree, coconut milk, mushrooms, cauliflower and potatoes.
8. Place the lid on and lower the heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the veggies are fork tender and all flavors are blended.
9. Stir in frozen peas, roasted tofu and season with salt and pepper, to your taste. Simmer for another 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken.
10. Garnish with fresh cilantro!