Meatless Monday Activities for Kids of All Ages: Environment
Going Meatless Monday is an easy and delicious way to teach kids about the connection between the food we eat and the health of the planet.
We’ve developed a selection of food-related educational activities to help kids understand how food production impacts the environment, and show how they can take positive action by enjoying delicious plant-based meals with their families, one day a week.
Make a Meatless Monday Meal as a Family
- Access hundreds of tasty recipes in our recipe gallery, including meatless options for all of your favorite foods such as burgers, pasta, tacos and pizza!
- Get the whole family involved with our The Kids Cook Monday meatless recipes
- Projects and “Virtual” Group Activities, including
- Environmental Poster Creation – Food and Climate Focus
- Virtual Team Projects – Plant-based Foods From Around the World
- Creative Writing Assignments – Food Related
- Science Project – Plant a Seed and Create a Recipe From the “Harvest”
- Food Fun Coloring Sheets – Great For Younger Kids
- Math Worksheet – Learn the Numbers Behind a Beef vs. Plant-based Burger
- Meatless Monday Certificate – Celebrate Going Meatless Monday
[Click to Download the Full Package]
Need the facts on food and climate?
Access free environmental facts and research from our scientific partners at Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future and more:
- Environmental facts and downloadable social media assets
- Learn about food’s connection to the climate
- Free printable Meatless Monday posters and graphics
Make sure to tag us in your kid’s Meatless Monday poster and meal creations @MeatlessMonday and #MeatlessMonday.