This tasty and easy vegan recipe for Indian Vegetable Fried Rice is a take on classic fried rice, made with a blend of vegetables, leftover cooked rice and Indian spices. This makes a quick and delicious lunch or dinner.
This recipe comes to us from Vaishali Sharda of The Kitchen Docs.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For more recipes with rice, click here.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1. Set a heavy bottomed skillet (cast iron or non stick) on medium high heat and add the oil.
2. Once the oil is nice and shiny add cumin seeds and wit for them to splutter.
3. Add in ginger, garlic and green chili.
4. Add onions, carrots, corn and zucchini and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Mix in spinach and cook till spinach is wilted and the moisture evaporates, another 3 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes and cook for another minute.
7. Add rice, break up any large clumps of rice and add all the seasonings. Mix well and heat until the rice and nice and hot, about 2 minutes.
8. Add chopped cilantro and lime juice. Mix, check and adjust salt if needed.
9. Serve hot!
Thanks for your message. We'll be in touch soon!