The plant-based version of these yeasted waffles has a yeasty flavor reminiscent of sourdough bread, thanks to the yeast. Top with your favorite fruit, sweetener, or enjoy them plain!
This recipe comes to us from Catrina Muolo of @plantedfamilies.
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
1. Mix yeast and 1/2 cup warm water together in a large mixing bowl and wait until you see bubbles forming on the surface.
2. Add flour, plant-based milk, olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
3. Mix well, cover with a towel and let sit overnight on the counter.
4. The next morning, add flaxmeal or chia seeds to 1/2 cup water in a bowl. Mix well and let sit for a few minutes.
5. Add baking soda and flaxmeal or chia seed mixture to the other ingredients and mix well.
6. Cook according to your waffle iron’s directions and enjoy!
Thanks for your message. We'll be in touch soon!