These strawberry muffins are easy to make and store well. It’s important to let these vegan strawberry muffins cool completely before adding the drizzle. If you don’t, the drizzle will melt and will not harden. The strawberries and drizzle give some sweetness to these delicious and nutritious muffins. Enjoy them for breakfast or as a snack!
Want more meatless recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly selection of plant-based recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Makes 12 muffins
1½cups+ 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
⅔cupsunsweetened almond milk + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
¼cupunsweetened almond milk
1cupdiced fresh strawberries(about the size of a pea)
1-2drop vanilla extract(optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Measure out ⅔ cups of unsweetened almond milk and add 2 tsp apple cider vinegar. This is your vegan buttermilk. Set aside. Once combined, you’ll notice that the buttermilk mixture will start to separate at the bottom. This is completely normal!
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
4. Add in the wet ingredients and whisk together to combine. Batter may still be a little lumpy.
5. Gently fold in the strawberries, then use a ¼ measuring cup to evenly disperse the batter into your muffin pan lined with cupcake holders.
6. Bake for 20 minutes in the oven or until the top of a muffin bounces back up after gently touching.
7. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
10. Once the muffins have cooled completely, mix together the ingredients for the drizzle and then drizzle the mixture over the muffins.